Friday, April 17, 2009

My kids.... Deployments

Merissa and Tyler

So this is a food blog and shall remain so, but occasionally I feel like posting something personal and this is one of those times.

I have a Son, Tyler who has been in the Navy for 3 years and is on his second deployment upon the USS Eisenhower Aircraft Carrier off the coast of Somalia. (Chasing and scaring pirates I think) In fact I think the Navy ship that took care of the three pirates a week ago is assigned to his flotilla. Here's a staged photo of him he recently sent me. Why he's not in uniform is beyond me, but that's Tyler. Rules? What Rules??



Secondly, my daughter, Merissa has trained for seven years to be a Flight Medic and deployed today to Iraq. She probably won't be back for 360 or so days, and I shall count every one.



Don't get me wrong, I'm terribly proud of the both of them.


All I'm saying is, I want my kids back in this country. I miss them so.

6 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

I have a nephew who will be going to Iraq in the Marines, and I'm terrified at the thought, so I can imagine just a bit of what you're feeling. Hoping they will stay safe and return safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

I can see why you're so proud of them. I wish then a safe and speedy return home.

dp said...

I'm at a loss for words. I can't even imagine how much you miss them. May they quickly return to you safe and sound.

Ron Merlin said...

Thank you so much for your comments. When I posted this, I was just kind of expressing how I feel. But to have folks read, and appreciate what my kids are doing is very gratifying.

Thank you.

Amber said...

Living in a military town (not so far from you, I might add) I see a lot of spouses come and go, and I just can't imagine how hard it is to see a loved one go so far away for such a long time.

I hope your children return safely so that you can hug them again. (the thing I'm going to miss most as my children get older!) Best wishes.

Sue said...

I appreciate what your kids are doing! God bless them!