Monday, November 10, 2008

Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies with Sea Salt

What a great cookie recipe. These are light, crunchy, slightly sweet, hint of white chocolate and the tang of sea salt. Great combination.

I found the recipe on the Smitten Kitchen blog. The recipes there are so good. I'm adding her to my favorite blog list as I type this.

Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon table salt
14 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, slightly softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
6 ounces good-quality white chocolate bar, chopped

Sea salt

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and table salt in a medium bowl.

Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.

Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula, then add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.

Scrape down bowl again.

Add flour mixture gradually and mix until just incorporated and smooth.

Gradually add oats and white chocolate and mix until well incorporated.

Refrigerate dough for about 15 minutes to make it easier to work with.

Roll dough with your fingers into 1 inch balls and then flatten slightly and place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.


Sprinkle Sea Salt directly onto the top of each mound of cookie dough.

I found this dispenser to be perfect. One twist right over the dough was exactly the right amount.



Bake in oven for exactly 15 minutes.



Cool for 10 minutes before removing to cooling rack as the cookies are fairly fragile until cooled slightly.

Enjoy. Makes about 48 cookies.



5 comments:

Peabody said...

She does have some good recipes. These look like a good one as well.

Michelle said...

I LOVE sea salt!

I got mine @ http://www.sustainablesourcing.com/

You'll have to check them out!

gaga said...

I love the combo of sweet and salty. I bet I would like these cookies.

Anonymous said...

Oh great suggestion. Those sound like the perfect combo of sweet and salty! I think this may be a winner!

Miri said...

I made these with a few adaptations and it was absoutely yummy!